A bold, new era of the Longbox begins here! For first-timers and old fans, welcome to the bi-weekly show. To show how dedicated this show is growth and change, we’ve decided to do our own grimdark reboot of the podcast. Starting with Spawn, the show is now gritty and extreme. These are our Image Years!
After what feels like forever, Matt and Tyler return to the weekly format! They planned the usual show: ten books, questions, the works. And you know what, listeners? The entire show was spent on Marvel #1000. Thank Al Ewing and friends, tendrils, because this week on The Longbox Podcast, all 80 pages of the book are reviewed in the span of one episode!
Here at the Longbox, we’re more than just comic book fans and critics. We also have a deep love for the true sport of wrestling and the lack of Samoa Joe bods in comics. Thankfully, Sean Murphy is there to change that with the new vol of White Knight. Don't worry, we also take a trip to Krakoa to talk House of X. Listen and subscribe!
When the American people storm Area 51 on September 20th, will the Longbox Boys be making the Naruto run to alien salvation? Of course they are. Free aliens mean more listens for the podcast! Not to mention the catgirls! Our interplanetary brothers need to hear about Collapser, Loki, and Blade Runner! This week’s episode is dedicated to those locked up from other planets, please listen.
The industry was shaken this week with the surprise ending of The Walking Dead. The sudden disappearance of the financial juggernaut from the monthly releases hit Tyler and Matt hard this week. While there are new launches to discuss, maybe it’s time to consider the Longbox’s place in this industry. Tune in this week to find out if this is truly where your favorite comic show concludes!
What is there that hasn’t been said about Spider-Man: Far From Home that you haven’t seen on Twitter yet? Tyler and Matt have thought long and hard how to make this MCU truly unique and you know what? It’s a guest. Get ready for City Island resident, Tony Ravioli, to drop those spicy meatball takes on the Longbox!
Listeners, what a week it has been. The end of the War of the Realms, Batman Damned, and X-Men: Grand Design has come. Sure, Matt and Tyler only understood one of the three but at least, we got Spider-Ham this week. Everyone on this show loves puns, right? Fill that belly full of sushi and plop down to listen, this week’s episode of the Longbox is a perfect dessert!
This Week's Books:
- X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #2 by Ed Piskor
- Batman Damned #3 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
- Wolverine: Exit Wounds by Larry Hama, Scot Eaton, Sean Parsons, Matt Milla, Chris Claremont, Salvador Larroca, Val Staples, Sam Kieth, and Ronda Pattison
- War of the Realms #6 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Matt Wilson
- Thor #14 by Jason Aaron, Scott Hepburn, and Matthew Wilson
- The Weatherman Vol 2 #1 by Jody Leheup, Nathan Fox, and Moreno Disinio
- The Spider-Man Annual Presents Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham by Jason Latour, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, David Lafuente, and Rico Renzi
- Action Comics #1012 by Brian Michael Bendis, Syzmon Kudranski, and Brad Anderson
- Avengers #20 by Jason Aaron, Ed McGuinness, Mark Morales, and Jason Keith
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 by Tom Taylor, Ken Lashley, Scott Hanna, Nolan Woodard