The Longbox Podcast is back with another edition of the Shortbox. This time around, the boys get their Claws out and tear into the 2005 event, House of M. Reeling after the events of Avengers: Disassembled, the worlds greatest heroes and mutants band together....to just fucking murder one of their own? Yeah, this book is kinda messed up. Join us sapiens in this new Mutant utopian reality, and listen!
Listeners, what a week it has been. The end of the War of the Realms, Batman Damned, and X-Men: Grand Design has come. Sure, Matt and Tyler only understood one of the three but at least, we got Spider-Ham this week. Everyone on this show loves puns, right? Fill that belly full of sushi and plop down to listen, this week’s episode of the Longbox is a perfect dessert!
This Week's Books:
- X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #2 by Ed Piskor
- Batman Damned #3 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
- Wolverine: Exit Wounds by Larry Hama, Scot Eaton, Sean Parsons, Matt Milla, Chris Claremont, Salvador Larroca, Val Staples, Sam Kieth, and Ronda Pattison
- War of the Realms #6 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Matt Wilson
- Thor #14 by Jason Aaron, Scott Hepburn, and Matthew Wilson
- The Weatherman Vol 2 #1 by Jody Leheup, Nathan Fox, and Moreno Disinio
- The Spider-Man Annual Presents Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham by Jason Latour, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, David Lafuente, and Rico Renzi
- Action Comics #1012 by Brian Michael Bendis, Syzmon Kudranski, and Brad Anderson
- Avengers #20 by Jason Aaron, Ed McGuinness, Mark Morales, and Jason Keith
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 by Tom Taylor, Ken Lashley, Scott Hanna, Nolan Woodard
In a week where Avengers Endgame gets released, you’d imagine that the Longbox would skip a week. Listeners, you’d be damn wrong! Matt and Tyler are back with another episode of questions, comics, and poop stories they probably shouldn’t share! Hope you survived all those snaps because your ears need to be prepped and ready for this one.
After 11 years, it’s finally come to this. Avengers: Endgame dropped this weekend to effectively close a major chapter in the MCU. Of course, the Longbox has thoughts on who lives, who dies, and who gets thicker than a Snicker. Join Tyler and Matt as they discuss the end of something they’ve wasted a decade enjoying!
Help us, Father, cause we’re back on our bullshit. This week on the Longbox, Tyler and Matt are a few beers in and their perspectives have grown. New indies are explored. Old favorites have been revisited. Breaking news announced. Another classic Longbox episode dropped for our listeners benefit! Get those headphones ready, listeners, get ready for the goodness. (This was written while intoxicated -MM)
Comics Twitter might have devolved into a fight club this week but the Longbox prefers to avoid drama. This podcast cares about comics and on this week’s show, Matt and Tyler are pleased to see continuity acknowledged. Your favorite hosts might not support the prison-industrial complex but it was wonderful to see Beast put behind bars after years of crime to the timeline. Break out those headphones, listeners, the podcast goes pundit this week with full coverage of the Prisoner X, Meet the Skrulls, Doomsday Clock, and more!
Pop the trunk and kick back in your car, ladies and gentlemen, there’s a new episode of the Longbox to listen to. With Groot carving himself some angsty spikes, we thought we'd also get a little edgy with this one. We learn that our listeners might trust us a little too much with their darkest secrets, Matt keeps bringing up brunettes, and Tyler talks about the best D-List comic book characters. Listen and subscribe!
Like foot fetishists debunking Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s fake feet pics, the Longbox is back and we’re coming in hot with the cold, hard facts. Janet Van Dyne is the greatest Avenger? Fact. Kelly Thompson is the best writer in comics currently? Fact. Hal Jordan is a shining example of what great police work should look like? Well, not touching that one. Get ready, listeners, Fake News Leaked Nudes is here.