A bold, new era of the Longbox begins here! For first-timers and old fans, welcome to the bi-weekly show. To show how dedicated this show is growth and change, we’ve decided to do our own grimdark reboot of the podcast. Starting with Spawn, the show is now gritty and extreme. These are our Image Years!
The Longbox Podcast is back with another edition of the Shortbox. This time around, the boys get their Claws out and tear into the 2005 event, House of M. Reeling after the events of Avengers: Disassembled, the worlds greatest heroes and mutants band together....to just fucking murder one of their own? Yeah, this book is kinda messed up. Join us sapiens in this new Mutant utopian reality, and listen!
Listeners, what a week it has been. The end of the War of the Realms, Batman Damned, and X-Men: Grand Design has come. Sure, Matt and Tyler only understood one of the three but at least, we got Spider-Ham this week. Everyone on this show loves puns, right? Fill that belly full of sushi and plop down to listen, this week’s episode of the Longbox is a perfect dessert!
This Week's Books:
- X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #2 by Ed Piskor
- Batman Damned #3 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
- Wolverine: Exit Wounds by Larry Hama, Scot Eaton, Sean Parsons, Matt Milla, Chris Claremont, Salvador Larroca, Val Staples, Sam Kieth, and Ronda Pattison
- War of the Realms #6 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Matt Wilson
- Thor #14 by Jason Aaron, Scott Hepburn, and Matthew Wilson
- The Weatherman Vol 2 #1 by Jody Leheup, Nathan Fox, and Moreno Disinio
- The Spider-Man Annual Presents Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham by Jason Latour, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, David Lafuente, and Rico Renzi
- Action Comics #1012 by Brian Michael Bendis, Syzmon Kudranski, and Brad Anderson
- Avengers #20 by Jason Aaron, Ed McGuinness, Mark Morales, and Jason Keith
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 by Tom Taylor, Ken Lashley, Scott Hanna, Nolan Woodard
Like this week’s Silver Surfer, the Longbox Podcast is shouting into the void. Is anybody listening? Does anyone want to hear Tyler and Matt’s thoughts on books like Immortal Hulk, Event Leviathan, and The Batman Who Laughs? Anybody? Oh well, hope those headphones are in, new Longbox is here and ready for the ear!
A fifth week can either be a bust or something special for comics. This week, Matt and Tyler are happy to announce the books are so good and so beefy. From Grand Design to Doomsday Clock to Heroes in Crisis, the boys are eating it all this week. Wondering why eating? Plug those headphones in, tendrils! You’re about to find out!
This week on the Longbox Podcast, Matt and Tyler embrace a little bit of SymBrock sub-text. From some Venom vore to illicit phasing, it’s a hot and heavy episode. They also discuss the newest issues of Avengers, The Flash, and a new Kevin Eastman series. Listeners, become one with your inner cat girl or horseman! Let’s get weird!
Y’all ever read manga? This week, the Longbox is shaking things up by covering a Shonen Jump title for the very first time! Want to hear about Matt and Tyler’s first introduction to Japanese comics? Plug those headphones in, shake off your sleep demons, and cover up that guilt erection, listener, the most professional comics podcast enters a bold new era!
Here at the Longbox, Matt and Tyler like to keep it professional. No games, all business. The comics are the only things that matter on this show. War of the Realms and Year of the Villain? Of course, they’re being covered! This week’s episode, listeners, is all about the comics and there is absolutely no funny business at all. Scouts honor!