There was Absolute Carnage this week on The Longbox Podcast. Matt and Tyler tear into new series like Coffin Bound, Agents of Atlas, and The Island of Dr. Moreau. Why should you listen to this week? Well, if you believe in life after love, then this is the episode for you.
Dear listener, do you remember the good, old days of Image Comics? The mullets, the denim, the cocaine and all those X-Men rip offs. There was a time when Image wasn’t an IP machine and boy, it was beautiful. To celebrate that beautiful period in comics, Tyler and Matt take a peak at the hyper violent, reimagining of 90s darling(?) Glory by Joe Keatinge and Sophie Campbell.
The industry was shaken this week with the surprise ending of The Walking Dead. The sudden disappearance of the financial juggernaut from the monthly releases hit Tyler and Matt hard this week. While there are new launches to discuss, maybe it’s time to consider the Longbox’s place in this industry. Tune in this week to find out if this is truly where your favorite comic show concludes!
Listeners, what a week it has been. The end of the War of the Realms, Batman Damned, and X-Men: Grand Design has come. Sure, Matt and Tyler only understood one of the three but at least, we got Spider-Ham this week. Everyone on this show loves puns, right? Fill that belly full of sushi and plop down to listen, this week’s episode of the Longbox is a perfect dessert!
This Week's Books:
- X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #2 by Ed Piskor
- Batman Damned #3 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
- Wolverine: Exit Wounds by Larry Hama, Scot Eaton, Sean Parsons, Matt Milla, Chris Claremont, Salvador Larroca, Val Staples, Sam Kieth, and Ronda Pattison
- War of the Realms #6 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Matt Wilson
- Thor #14 by Jason Aaron, Scott Hepburn, and Matthew Wilson
- The Weatherman Vol 2 #1 by Jody Leheup, Nathan Fox, and Moreno Disinio
- The Spider-Man Annual Presents Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham by Jason Latour, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, David Lafuente, and Rico Renzi
- Action Comics #1012 by Brian Michael Bendis, Syzmon Kudranski, and Brad Anderson
- Avengers #20 by Jason Aaron, Ed McGuinness, Mark Morales, and Jason Keith
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 by Tom Taylor, Ken Lashley, Scott Hanna, Nolan Woodard
Like this week’s Silver Surfer, the Longbox Podcast is shouting into the void. Is anybody listening? Does anyone want to hear Tyler and Matt’s thoughts on books like Immortal Hulk, Event Leviathan, and The Batman Who Laughs? Anybody? Oh well, hope those headphones are in, new Longbox is here and ready for the ear!
This week on The Longbox, Matt and Tyler are all about new beginnings and violent, bloody endings. A new puppy joins the fray at TLB Basement HQ and things are good. On The Walking Dead and DCeased front things are, well, not so good.! It’s a bit of a mixed bag but hey, there’s good comics, bad jokes, and unsolicited photos. The Longbox you love with more puppies and death!
In a week where Avengers Endgame gets released, you’d imagine that the Longbox would skip a week. Listeners, you’d be damn wrong! Matt and Tyler are back with another episode of questions, comics, and poop stories they probably shouldn’t share! Hope you survived all those snaps because your ears need to be prepped and ready for this one.
Three years into the show and it’s come to this. One of our hosts, Matthew Murphy, has been canceled. Welcome to the trial of the century, listeners. Live from Tyler’s Toolbox, this is the end for one of our own. Brace yourselves, everyone, a bold new era for the Longbox begins on this week’s episode! Don't worry, we also talk comics.