There was Absolute Carnage this week on The Longbox Podcast. Matt and Tyler tear into new series like Coffin Bound, Agents of Atlas, and The Island of Dr. Moreau. Why should you listen to this week? Well, if you believe in life after love, then this is the episode for you.
Dear listener, do you remember the good, old days of Image Comics? The mullets, the denim, the cocaine and all those X-Men rip offs. There was a time when Image wasn’t an IP machine and boy, it was beautiful. To celebrate that beautiful period in comics, Tyler and Matt take a peak at the hyper violent, reimagining of 90s darling(?) Glory by Joe Keatinge and Sophie Campbell.
The industry was shaken this week with the surprise ending of The Walking Dead. The sudden disappearance of the financial juggernaut from the monthly releases hit Tyler and Matt hard this week. While there are new launches to discuss, maybe it’s time to consider the Longbox’s place in this industry. Tune in this week to find out if this is truly where your favorite comic show concludes!
Listeners, what a week it has been. The end of the War of the Realms, Batman Damned, and X-Men: Grand Design has come. Sure, Matt and Tyler only understood one of the three but at least, we got Spider-Ham this week. Everyone on this show loves puns, right? Fill that belly full of sushi and plop down to listen, this week’s episode of the Longbox is a perfect dessert!
This Week's Books:
- X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #2 by Ed Piskor
- Batman Damned #3 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
- Wolverine: Exit Wounds by Larry Hama, Scot Eaton, Sean Parsons, Matt Milla, Chris Claremont, Salvador Larroca, Val Staples, Sam Kieth, and Ronda Pattison
- War of the Realms #6 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Matt Wilson
- Thor #14 by Jason Aaron, Scott Hepburn, and Matthew Wilson
- The Weatherman Vol 2 #1 by Jody Leheup, Nathan Fox, and Moreno Disinio
- The Spider-Man Annual Presents Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham by Jason Latour, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, David Lafuente, and Rico Renzi
- Action Comics #1012 by Brian Michael Bendis, Syzmon Kudranski, and Brad Anderson
- Avengers #20 by Jason Aaron, Ed McGuinness, Mark Morales, and Jason Keith
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 by Tom Taylor, Ken Lashley, Scott Hanna, Nolan Woodard
Three years into the show and it’s come to this. One of our hosts, Matthew Murphy, has been canceled. Welcome to the trial of the century, listeners. Live from Tyler’s Toolbox, this is the end for one of our own. Brace yourselves, everyone, a bold new era for the Longbox begins on this week’s episode! Don't worry, we also talk comics.
Listeners, how do you set the mood? Usually, it’s some candles, a little Marvin Gay, and some chocolate. For the Longbox, the only foreplay we need is a live reading of Silvia Plath’s The Bell Jar. This might be a comics podcast but depressing literary classics are what tends the loins of this show. Here’s to hoping you use this episode to spice things up with your partner!
Comics Twitter might have devolved into a fight club this week but the Longbox prefers to avoid drama. This podcast cares about comics and on this week’s show, Matt and Tyler are pleased to see continuity acknowledged. Your favorite hosts might not support the prison-industrial complex but it was wonderful to see Beast put behind bars after years of crime to the timeline. Break out those headphones, listeners, the podcast goes pundit this week with full coverage of the Prisoner X, Meet the Skrulls, Doomsday Clock, and more!
Like foot fetishists debunking Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s fake feet pics, the Longbox is back and we’re coming in hot with the cold, hard facts. Janet Van Dyne is the greatest Avenger? Fact. Kelly Thompson is the best writer in comics currently? Fact. Hal Jordan is a shining example of what great police work should look like? Well, not touching that one. Get ready, listeners, Fake News Leaked Nudes is here.