A bold, new era of the Longbox begins here! For first-timers and old fans, welcome to the bi-weekly show. To show how dedicated this show is growth and change, we’ve decided to do our own grimdark reboot of the podcast. Starting with Spawn, the show is now gritty and extreme. These are our Image Years!
The industry was shaken this week with the surprise ending of The Walking Dead. The sudden disappearance of the financial juggernaut from the monthly releases hit Tyler and Matt hard this week. While there are new launches to discuss, maybe it’s time to consider the Longbox’s place in this industry. Tune in this week to find out if this is truly where your favorite comic show concludes!
Listeners, what a week it has been. The end of the War of the Realms, Batman Damned, and X-Men: Grand Design has come. Sure, Matt and Tyler only understood one of the three but at least, we got Spider-Ham this week. Everyone on this show loves puns, right? Fill that belly full of sushi and plop down to listen, this week’s episode of the Longbox is a perfect dessert!
This Week's Books:
- X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #2 by Ed Piskor
- Batman Damned #3 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
- Wolverine: Exit Wounds by Larry Hama, Scot Eaton, Sean Parsons, Matt Milla, Chris Claremont, Salvador Larroca, Val Staples, Sam Kieth, and Ronda Pattison
- War of the Realms #6 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Matt Wilson
- Thor #14 by Jason Aaron, Scott Hepburn, and Matthew Wilson
- The Weatherman Vol 2 #1 by Jody Leheup, Nathan Fox, and Moreno Disinio
- The Spider-Man Annual Presents Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham by Jason Latour, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, David Lafuente, and Rico Renzi
- Action Comics #1012 by Brian Michael Bendis, Syzmon Kudranski, and Brad Anderson
- Avengers #20 by Jason Aaron, Ed McGuinness, Mark Morales, and Jason Keith
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 by Tom Taylor, Ken Lashley, Scott Hanna, Nolan Woodard
This week on The Longbox, Matt and Tyler are all about new beginnings and violent, bloody endings. A new puppy joins the fray at TLB Basement HQ and things are good. On The Walking Dead and DCeased front things are, well, not so good.! It’s a bit of a mixed bag but hey, there’s good comics, bad jokes, and unsolicited photos. The Longbox you love with more puppies and death!
Y’all ever read manga? This week, the Longbox is shaking things up by covering a Shonen Jump title for the very first time! Want to hear about Matt and Tyler’s first introduction to Japanese comics? Plug those headphones in, shake off your sleep demons, and cover up that guilt erection, listener, the most professional comics podcast enters a bold new era!
Here at the Longbox, Matt and Tyler like to keep it professional. No games, all business. The comics are the only things that matter on this show. War of the Realms and Year of the Villain? Of course, they’re being covered! This week’s episode, listeners, is all about the comics and there is absolutely no funny business at all. Scouts honor!
In a week where Avengers Endgame gets released, you’d imagine that the Longbox would skip a week. Listeners, you’d be damn wrong! Matt and Tyler are back with another episode of questions, comics, and poop stories they probably shouldn’t share! Hope you survived all those snaps because your ears need to be prepped and ready for this one.
Comics Twitter might have devolved into a fight club this week but the Longbox prefers to avoid drama. This podcast cares about comics and on this week’s show, Matt and Tyler are pleased to see continuity acknowledged. Your favorite hosts might not support the prison-industrial complex but it was wonderful to see Beast put behind bars after years of crime to the timeline. Break out those headphones, listeners, the podcast goes pundit this week with full coverage of the Prisoner X, Meet the Skrulls, Doomsday Clock, and more!