You know what’s a signifier of a great episode of The Longbox Podcast? When the show goes so off the rails, there’s not one topic to base this blurb on. Strap in for a strange one, folks, we’re talking Harleen, HOXPOX, the Amish, the Catholic Church, Safe Sex and much more this week! You’re going to wanna keep that thang on ya and enjoy the show!
What is there that hasn’t been said about Spider-Man: Far From Home that you haven’t seen on Twitter yet? Tyler and Matt have thought long and hard how to make this MCU truly unique and you know what? It’s a guest. Get ready for City Island resident, Tony Ravioli, to drop those spicy meatball takes on the Longbox!
Listeners, what a week it has been. The end of the War of the Realms, Batman Damned, and X-Men: Grand Design has come. Sure, Matt and Tyler only understood one of the three but at least, we got Spider-Ham this week. Everyone on this show loves puns, right? Fill that belly full of sushi and plop down to listen, this week’s episode of the Longbox is a perfect dessert!
This Week's Books:
- X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #2 by Ed Piskor
- Batman Damned #3 by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo
- Wolverine: Exit Wounds by Larry Hama, Scot Eaton, Sean Parsons, Matt Milla, Chris Claremont, Salvador Larroca, Val Staples, Sam Kieth, and Ronda Pattison
- War of the Realms #6 by Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Matt Wilson
- Thor #14 by Jason Aaron, Scott Hepburn, and Matthew Wilson
- The Weatherman Vol 2 #1 by Jody Leheup, Nathan Fox, and Moreno Disinio
- The Spider-Man Annual Presents Peter Porker, The Spectacular Spider-Ham by Jason Latour, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, David Lafuente, and Rico Renzi
- Action Comics #1012 by Brian Michael Bendis, Syzmon Kudranski, and Brad Anderson
- Avengers #20 by Jason Aaron, Ed McGuinness, Mark Morales, and Jason Keith
- Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #8 by Tom Taylor, Ken Lashley, Scott Hanna, Nolan Woodard
The Longbox Boys are back with another edition of the Shortbox! This time around, Tyler and Matt are here to talk about the classic Marvels by Alex Ross and Kurt Busiek. How did this seminal Marvel book slip by Tyler, the self-proclaimed Marvel fanboy, all these years? Why does the word "mutie" feel weird to say? Listen to find out!
After 11 years, it’s finally come to this. Avengers: Endgame dropped this weekend to effectively close a major chapter in the MCU. Of course, the Longbox has thoughts on who lives, who dies, and who gets thicker than a Snicker. Join Tyler and Matt as they discuss the end of something they’ve wasted a decade enjoying!
Help us, Father, cause we’re back on our bullshit. This week on the Longbox, Tyler and Matt are a few beers in and their perspectives have grown. New indies are explored. Old favorites have been revisited. Breaking news announced. Another classic Longbox episode dropped for our listeners benefit! Get those headphones ready, listeners, get ready for the goodness. (This was written while intoxicated -MM)
What’s up, Internet! You’re tuned into Episode 116 of The Longbox Podcast and...err...excuse me. It’s come to our attention that that’s another show’s intro. Matt and Tyler have video games on the mind this week with Insomniac’s epic new Spider-Man! Come get your fill of gaming impressions for the first time on our show along with your regularly scheduled comics reviews!